HONGIK UNIVERSITY STATION, SEOUL: Thanks Nature Sheep Cafe 땡스 네이쳐 카페

15:12


You've probably heard of pet cafes, and the more common ones nowadays are cat cafes and dog cafes. The rarer ones are probably rabbit cafes and owl cafes. But I had the you-must-be-kidding look when I saw that there's a sheep cafe in Hongdae.

We initially decided to not stop by Thanks Nature Cafe as I saw reviews saying that there's usually a long queue but when we arrived at Hongdae, we didn't feel like shopping much (as we had spent most of our afternoon doing that at Ewha).
We also passed by the Hello Kitty Cafe but it is not worth the visit (in my opinion, and because I've been to the Taiwan branch and the HK cafes are overrated in general, unless you are a die-die-must-go person).



The cafe is located at the basement (meaning you have to climb down some stairs, and keep an eye out else you might miss it).







It wasn't crowded at 9pm and there were still people coming in after us.



To be honest, I had mixed feelings about sheep because the last time I got close to a sheep it was in a Taiwanese farm and the sheep there were either underfed or insanely greedy..

Anyways, back to these two sheep. It appears that they are extremely close to their owner and they are used to be around humans.
They also get a walk around Hongdae in the mornings (one of my friends who stayed in Hongdae during her visit said that she saw two sheep being walked on the streets while she was out buying latte).



We did get to pet the sheep and it was funny that this other girl wanted to take selfies with one of the sheep but she was nervous and jumped almost every time they bleat.



Grapefruit Ade (₩5,000).





Honey Bread (₩5,000), thick toast with almond flakes on top and whipped cream on the side. And what's honey bread without the honey?
Perfect for supper (I actually had some cup noodles as my second supper. welp).


Thanks Nature Cafe
486 Seogyo-dong, Mapo-gu, Seoul, South Korea



I guess I'm running out of footnotes and ending texts so... check out the link below and I'll try to finish this travelogue heh.



You Might Also Like

0 comments

around the world

Flag Counter

Total Pageviews