Chatuchak Thai Tea, Tanjong Pagar.

13:56

It's been a hectic few weeks and boy, wasn't I thrilled when Anshi asked me over for a food-testing/teabreak at Chatuchak Thai Tea! It was a huge relief to be able to get a quick break from the excessive pile of homework (plus it's conveniently near my school and also on my way home).

I've been to Tanjong Pagar a couple of times but that was my first trip to Icon Village, located about 2 minutes away from the Tanjong Pagar MRT station. We decided to meet up at the MRT station but Anshi being Anshi, was late again (oklah it's her birthday so cannot talk bad about her).

The store is a small one, with a high table and only a handful of tables. Most people grab and go in the mornings so I don't think that it's a huge issue.



We didn't know what to pick so we just picked whatever that appealed to us most. Staff were friendly and recommended some drinks and egglets.



The drinks took a while to prepare so we took some random test shots and some quirky weird ones (like above) while waiting. Who knows, student cards might be part of the new gen photo props.



Left to right: Thai Milk Tea ($3) and Thai Green Milk Tea ($3).
They have a hot version of the drinks ($2) and you could get the upsized ones at $3.50.

Personally, I prefer the Thai Green Milk Tea as it was less sweet compared to the original Thai Milk Tea. Of course, I'm the type of person who drinks coffee and tea without any sugar nor milk so I guess it depends on your preferences.
Nevertheless, both of the milk teas we've tried were not as sweet as the ones sold elsewhere (I love Thai milk tea but this is by far the least sweet one I've tried and love).



We also got two yogurt drinks: Thai Yogurt Mango ($3.50) and Thai Yogurt Blue Hawaii ($3.50).
Not really Thai in my opinion but who would say no to yogurt?
Also pictured is the Original Egglet ($4), which we borrowed from the store display.



As for something to bite on, we had the Banana Egglet ($5.50) and the Cheese Egglet ($6).

Egglets were crispy on the outside and soft in the insides. I havn't had that many egglets in my life but they were quite decent I think.

The banana egglet (pictured above) was good though. The banana filling was evenly distributed and I could get a taste of the fruit with every bite.



We ordered the Original Egglet and topped up $2.50 for the coconut ice-cream. There are various egglet flavours to choose from, such as charcoal, greentea, and chocolate (ranging from $4-$6). Other ice-cream flavours include chocolate, milk tea, mango, and thai green tea.
However, you could get the original egglet and thai milk tea set at just $6.80.



Huge thanks to Anshi who asked me to join her and to Chatuchak Thai Tea for having me over!

P.S. Multiple posts coming up soon.


Chatuchak Thai Tea
12 Gopeng St, 

#01-84 Icon Village,
Singapore 078877
Nearest MRT: Tanjong Pagar, Exit A
FB Page: Chatuchak Thai Tea

Operating Hours:
8am - 7pm (Mon-Fri)
10am - 5pm (Sat & PH)
CLOSED ON SUNDAYS





You Might Also Like

0 comments

around the world

Flag Counter

Total Pageviews