CHKL's cross-country race

22:55

Yes, I know it's been almost a week since the event.
Yes, I know I'm a little behind schedule.
Yes, I should try to get my blog updated ASAP next time.

Anyway, back to the topic, my school organised a cross-country race for the house teams. The teams are according to colors. So, you'll see a field of people wearing different colored shirt.

Random picture-taking session


The colors are: RED, ORANGE, YELLOW, GREEN, BLUE, INDIGO, PURPLE and BROWN

Almost the colors of a rainbow. See, we have around 5000 people at school so we had to be divided into so many teams.

Anyway, we had this cross-country race at Padang Merbok, which is located in Kuala Lumpur. To be honest, I didn't want to participate in the first place [I thought I could get up later since it's a Saturday] but unfortunately, I was chosen to represent my house team, which is GREEN. GO GREEN :D

Padang Merbok, Kuala Lumpur.

I'm not such a good runner in the first place and of course, due to my laziness, I don't do long-distance runs. This is actually my first time running [or walking plus running] 4.5km! To think that I'd actually do something like this. Anyway, I abandoned my DSLR and took my compact digital camera instead. I wouldn't want to hold it while I run nor would I let it be taken or stolen.

Another random moment

As my friends and I were waiting for our turn to join the other cross-country runners, we took some pictures and chatted for awhile.

La Me. I'm getting tanner. D:

Meh, I even got to see one of my friend's photos since she was a primary school kid. Mwahahaha~

While queuing up..

And the time for the cross-country race is near. Nervous. Panic. Frenzy
Nah, just kidding. I was in a relaxed stance, despite the mud on the ground. Yes, it rained the day before. Lucky lucky us.

GREEN :D

Ok, I'm pushing this GREEN thing a little too far but anyway, GREEN is good for our eyes and so on. It also symbolizes recycling and all those environmental stuff. Ignore me, thank you.

Along the road

As I mentioned before, I'm a terrible runner. So while quite a lot of people were pushing their limits, I ran for almost half of the journey and slowed down to a walk. Well, the other half of the journey was completed by alternatively switching between walking and running.

After the seriously exhausting cross-country race..

=)

heh heh. We rested for awhile and realized that it was super hot, therefore the umbrellas. Of course, I didn't get anywhere near top 30, and didn't even get into the top 100.

But, we had a few serious runners in our class. AnShi got the first for our category (Girls Category B- Form 3 & 4). And there's one more also from the green team, YihYun. She got 16th. Grats to both of them~ x)

Next, the cheerleaders from each of the house teams!

Red
Orange
Yellow
Green
Blue
Indigo

Purple
And the champion for the contest: BROWN

Excuse the side views. Was too exhausted to go any further and because I'm a little on the short side, I couldn't get a better place to take pictures. hahas :D

Principal giving a speech

And it's time for the principal to give his speech. Those photographers were like paparazzi. Guess the principal really liked the attention. x)

After the cross-country, we went to Pavilion's Red Box Plus to meet up with some other friends. I realized that two of my friends were singing a Malay song by Siti Nurhaliza. I was shocked. I meant, I didn't know that they listened to Malay songs. Not a racist or anything but they usually listen to English or Chinese songs.

*yea. rite*


It turned out that they didn't know the song at all! OhmyGod. They could fake it really well. Hahas. It was as though they were fans of Siti Nurhaliza and were so into the song.

It's good to have a bunch of friends with you. Well, they can spice up your life and make it as interesting as possible. =)  Love you guys.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

around the world

Flag Counter

Total Pageviews