Kakatoo, Ativo Square.

23:23


Went to Ativo Square at Sri Damansara during my visit to my godparents who live there. They recommended Kakatoo for lunch as it serves both Western and Nyonya food. They've tried it a few times and of course, their reviews were good.



And so, we took our time ordering our food and drinks. The waiter was pretty friendly and patient as we couldn't quite make up our mind on what to eat (oops).













I like their displays and how they designed the interior part of the place. It has a vintage-y look like most cafes but it has its share of parrots too (since the name of the place is Kakatoo).



You get to choose from a wide variety of food. From crepes and pastas to Nyonya food like kerabu and otak-otak. 

We chose to have western food for the afternoon. The price of the food is not quite expensive and is pretty much affordable for everyone.



I already had a light lunch before I left the house so I ordered a latte to start with.



This is one of the breakfast crepes, with ham and sausage. It's a tad dry in my opinion though. 
(and I have a tendency to forget the names of the dishes)


The smoked duck pasta is plain awesome. The tender duck meat compliments the dish and the spaghetti is cooked just right.





Now, this signature crepe is just perfect (OK, maybe it differed a little from the photo shown in the menu but the taste and the creativity of it made the dish so awesome). Filled with chicken ham, mushrooms and topped with an egg, the Kakatoo signature crepe made me want more of it.




Saved dessert for the last. I ordered an Oreo crepe. I wanted to order crepe cake but unfortunately, they were out of stock. :(
The Oreo crepe is filled with Oreo and peanut butter (which I both love). And vanilla ice-cream on top of it. Just heavenly for me. As I said, I'm a huge fan of Oreo. Did I mention that there are Oreo crumbles in the crepe? Oh. I did.

Anyway, I'd gladly have another go at Kakatoo. Well, maybe after I try the other restaurants at Ativo Square. Hmm...

On a side note, I've got myself a 50mm 1.8f lens for my Nikon. Love it to the max! :3

Kakatoo Cafe Facebook Page
Lot B-2-6, Block B, Ativo Plaza, 
No 1, Jln PJU 9/1, Damansara Avenue, 
Bandar Sri Damansara, 52200 Kuala Lumpur.
Mon - Sun: 11:30 am - 10:00 pm
Contact No.: 018-592 6280



You Might Also Like

0 comments

around the world

Flag Counter

Total Pageviews