Eat at 18, Jalan Hang Lekiu, Malacca.

18:46


It was a boring Sunday afternoon and I was watching cartoons (yes, I watch cartoons) when my aunt suggested that we go to this cafe near Jonker Street.

At first, I was puzzled as I don't spot anything like a cafe when she parked her car. Then, I noticed a small shop tucked in the middle of two other shop lots.





There are two small tables available outside. I just have to say that I absolutely adore the decor!






They have quite a lot of dessert choices and there are also food items that are not on the menu. Ask if they have any specials that day. :)



Turns out that they have a beautiful courtyard under the sun between two air-conditioned spaces. It was not too hot that day and they have small fans around too so it was cooling even without air-cond.

And the lighting that day was good so most of the photos came out awesome too.



I wanted to have breakfast but unfortunately they don't serve all-day breakfast so I had to do with desserts (I didn't have lunch again. welp.)



Lemon Frizz (RM 12.90)



My Hot Chocolate served with Chocolate Truffles (RM 12.90) was the bomb. It's also one of the house specialties.



So, basically, you just stir the chocolate truffles into the hot milk and the chocolate truffles will melt. It's awesome. The hot choc is not too sweet even after I melted the chocolate truffles. It's so sinful. -grins-

The only thing that I didn't really quite like.. well, it's quite hard to drink from the cup when the rim and the handle of the cup is covered in cocoa powder..



So we had this fine Cajun Chicken Salad (RM 28.90). 
The chicken was roasted perfectly. The smell of roasted chicken was so strong that I couldn't resist taking more than a few pieces. The salad itself was also fresh and crunchy. Just. Lovely.



Eat at 18's Dessert of the Day: Trifle (RM 12.90).
Jelly, custard, jam, whipped cream... what's not to like? However I find it lacking the wow factor.





And let's not forget the Fresh Baked Cookies with Ice-cream (RM 12.90).
Hot, soft, and chewy cookie topped with ice-cream, yum. I think I tasted a little raisin in it though. It went together pretty even though raisins are the last thing I'd expect to find in a cookie (at least they are not the black raisins which would mislead me into thinking that there are chocolate chips. now that's mean).


Food: 8.5/10
Ambiance: 9.5/10
Price: 8/10
Service: 8/10
Overall: 8.5/10

(based on personal experience)


Eat at 18 (at Opposite Place Guest House)
No 18, Jalan Hang Lekiu,
Malacca 75200
Website: Eat at 18 Website
FB Page: Eat at 18 Facebook page
Operating Hours: 8.30am - 6.00pm (closed on Tuesdays)





You Might Also Like

0 comments

around the world

Flag Counter

Total Pageviews