Butcher's Cafe, Solaris Dutamas.

10:23




Bought a last-minute bus ticket back to KL the week before and somewhat managed to meet up with some friends during that short period of time.
Vichie recommended that we visit Butcher's Cafe at Solaris Dutamas (near Publika) so I opened my long-unused Uber app and booked a ride there. 


I had problems finding it at first as I'm not familiar with the area. The different floors are confusing!
The place is situated near Plan B Journal at Publika, opposite of Chawan. Took me a while but I managed to locate it in the end.




There are both indoor and outdoor seating but it was quite a sunny afternoon so we opted for the air-conditioned indoor seats. 


Alas, there was some sort of miscommunication and I didn't know that we were doing a food review there and then. I didn't bring my camera so I did the next best thing - I borrowed a decent camera phone from the birthday girl.



We started off with some Jumbo Refreshing Mixed Fruit Tea (RM28.90). Supposedly meant for 2-4pax but the four of us finished it within half an hour. Oops.

There are hints of the lemons and apples in the drink itself and the sliced fruits are refreshing.




Mocktails include Mango Mojito (RM16.90). Not sure if I like this as the basil overpowered the mango flavour for me. 



A glass of Assam Boi Mojito (RM16.90), always welcome after a hot day.



Being a fan of avocado, how could I possibly miss a try at the Avocado Honey Juice (RM19.90)? Definitely on the less-sweet side.


We also got a cuppa Latte (RM9). Unfortunately, it was a little cold after we finished shooting but still delightful nonetheless.





photo from owner

Fret not, they do serve alcoholic drinks and water too if you are not a fan of mocktails, coffees, and teas.



To be honest, I really enjoyed the Butcher's Signature Salad (RM18.90), which comes with fresh fruits and bacon bits, two of my favourite things.
Dressing is also included but I will usually skip salad dressings.



We also had a bowl of Butcher's Mushroom Soup with Puff Pastry. It comes in two sizes, with the regular at RM15.90, and the large at RM24.90.
A little watered down but the puff and the overall presentation was good.


There are plenty of options for your main, from steaks to burgers to pasta and pizza. They've also incorporated some local flavours in their dishes, such as..



photo from owner

.. Tiger Prawn Spaghetti Infused with Ginger Lemongrass (RM28.90). I love that the tiger prawns are not overcooked, which happened to me at a few other restaurants.
The pasta itself is well-seasoned too. 



photo from owner

Butcher's Signature Cheese-drenched Charcoal Burger (RM24.90). Again, I think we took our time with the photographs and the cheese wasn't as flattering as it was supposed to be. They have chicken and beef options available so we took the chicken patty.
The charcoal buns were fragrant and it was enjoyable for me.



The Chicken Tandoori Pizza (RM23.90) boasts a crispy crust. As it was my first time trying this combination of margherita pizza and chicken tandoori, it was a little confusing but it works OK.






photo from owner



Butcher's is aptly named as their specialty is steaks. Prices range from RM25.90 for a 1/4 chicken to  RM130 for a full lamb rack.

The meats usually come with some fries and three types of sauces: mint, chili, and mushroom sauce. 





Cakes are also available on their display. We didn't really try these but they look so pretty!




photo from owner

Last of all, we had the Brownies with Teh Tarik Gelato dressed with Nutella (RM25.90). Oh wow, that is such a long name. 
Sizzling Nutella makes a good Instastory/Snapchat video. It was so satisfying to watch.

The brownies are solid on the outsides but remain soft on the insides. Sinful, yes but so good at the same time.



Make sure to check out Butcher's Cafe at Solaris Dutamas as they have some sweet deals right now!

photo from owner


photo from owner


photo from owner

If you're not a fan of alcohol, you could also get 1-for-1 steaks at RM48! Now that's a steal.


Butcher's Cafe
A1-G2-07 Jalan Dutamas 1,
Solaris Dutamas
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia 50480
Tel No: +603 6211 9908
FB Page: Butcher's Cafe

Operating Hours: 12pm-12am daily





You Might Also Like

0 comments

around the world

Flag Counter

Total Pageviews