The USS- Universal Studios Singapore

23:42

Oooooh. Awesome! My aunt booked tickets to Universal Studios Singapore!! 
I was thrilled when I got the news. It was actually my second time there, the first one being before the grand opening, in 2010.



(ugh. I've got a really nice photo of the globe but I accidentally deleted it and can't manage to recover it. help? :/ sigh )

Ticketing:
Day pass-
S$74 for adults,
S$54 for kids (aged 4-12),
S$36 for senior citizens (aged 60 and above).



Things changed. There are quite some differences between then and now. Some of the people I went with are different, some of the rides are different, brought a DSLR along this time, and am a lot more photogenic this time (Yes, time changes people. And I need someone who knows how to handle a DSLR).
Despite the fact that we reached there at 10+am and finished at about 6pm, we still didn't manage to finish everything. We still didn't have enough of it.



We started from "Hollywood" and went to "Madagascar", then to "Far Far Away", "The Lost World", "Ancient Egypt", "Sci-Fi City", "New York" and back to "Hollywood".





Each of the themes have their corresponding rides and decorations. For example, a street lamp in Madagascar is beach-like whilst a street lamp in Far Far Away is adorned with flowers. Or, in the example above, different eateries.

Hmmm... Let's start the tour with Madagascar! :D
"I like to move it move it, you like to move it move it, she likes to move it move it, move it!"
Remember this song? We were crazy about it when the movie Madagascar screened! And the lemur is just so adorable (yes, weird too)!





-photo taken by Sri-



There are shows and character meet-and-greets all around the park. Get a schedule of the day's performances at the entrance, together with your park map and brochure.

Recommended ride(s): A Crate Adventure, which is basically a river boat ride. It's not much but well, a little surprising... x)



Next stop: Far Far Away. Beware of the ogres!



Shrek and Fiona being sweet. Awwwww.







Selca everywhere. LOL.



Darn it. I love Puss in Boots! :3 meow

I missed the earlier Puss meet-and-greet because I was queuing for a ride but after the 4-D movie, guess who I saw?



It's Puss-in-the-frickin-Boots!!! I rushed for a quick snap (no. actually I had to queue and the queue was veryyy long, barely made it to the last 5 shots). I was practically saying "awwww" for the whole Puss in Boots movie.



Also, there's this mini roller coaster called the Enchanted Airways, which is quite suitable for kids and people who are kinda cowardly (like me. oops).

Recommended ride(s): Enchanted Airways, Shrek 4-D Adventure.



Then, time to go back to the past. Back to the time when dinosaurs dominated the Earth.



"Have you seen a dinosaur somewhere around?"





We had lunch at the Discovery Food Court. The interior deco is somewhat nice and cool but the food.. not so (unfortunately).



Recommended Ride(s): Canopy flyer, where you can get a 360-degree aerial view of the place and Jurassic Park Rapids Adventure, where you may or may not get very wet (it depends on your luck. believe me, I got soaked) and... therefore, there are drying pods available for S$6 (squeeze everyone in if possible).





(Had this from the last visit on 2010, at WaterWorld. The effects were quite nice. Watch it if you have the time)

And more than a few thousand years later, Ancient Egypt.





Outside the Revenge of the Mummies ride, with Egyptian royalties for meet-and-greet sessions.



Okay. I chickened. They took the ride and said that it was awesome. I think I'll just have to take it the next time. I can't believe that even my 8-year-old brother took it.. sigh.






(Sorry I know I'm short and not a beauty queen but, meh.)

Recommended ride(s): Revenge of the Mummy





The scenery at the route from Ancient Egypt to Sci-Fi City is just pretty dang awesome!







Sadly, we missed the Bumblebee show. We just saw him/it leaving when we got there :x



For those who have the guts, why not try out Battlestar Galactica: HUMAN VS. CYLON? Pick the red or the blue one.



Had a go at Transformers The Ride: The Ultimate 3D Battle. We queued about 40mins but it was darn worth the queue! It was AWESOME!

Recommended ride(s): Battlestar Galactica: HUMAN VS. CYLON,  Transformers The Ride: The Ultimate 3D Battle.





Yep, it's New York!





Aunt had this random shot of me which doesn't look much like me .-. and I think I gained weight. hahahaha. 

Recommended ride(s): Lights, Camera, Action!™ Hosted by Steven Spielberg.
We didn't exactly try Sesame Street Spaghetti Space Chase due to the lack of time but the videos of it seemed quite nice.

Hollywood Dreams Parade:





Lots of people waiting for the parade..









Unfortunately, only two or three floats came due to the weather (it was drizzling then). Oh well, at least we saw it the first time. Make sure to go watch the parade at 5pm!



Back to Hollywood...





Went to the gift shop too. :D didn't find anything to buy back though..



SESAME STREET!!!







(All three pics above taken in 2010. Funnily, there weren't many meet-and-greets in Hollywood/New York this time)



Universal Studios Singapore is totally worth a go! For a second-timer, I'd like to go for a third and maybe a fourth time. I love the scenes there. From ancient times to modern times. What's not to love? And partnership with Sesame Street (ohmy). Did I mention that I love Puss in Boots too?!! (okay, getting uncontrollable now. Guess I'll have to stop now and play with my Puss in Boots plush. bye!)



You Might Also Like

0 comments

around the world

Flag Counter

Total Pageviews