Tian YaKe Ban Mian, Chow Kit.

23:41


After so many movie reviews and stuff, let's talk food.

A few months ago, my mom's colleagues introduced her to this authentic traditional pan mee place in Chow Kit. Since then, I've pestered her to bring me there but obviously those attempts were wasted as she had no idea how to get to that place.

My first trip was a spontaneous one as she and her colleagues picked me up from school one random day. I was expecting a small shop at least but well, it turned out that it is a roadside stall.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not against roadside hawker stalls. I think that some of the best food are found at hawker stalls.



Notice those umbrellas at the bend of the road? There's where the stall is!





Ban mian, pan mee.. They are the same thing, if you are wondering.

The photos here are from my second trip there, about 2 months ago (oops.)



I've always love the irregular hand-pinched noodles for my pan mee. Sometimes I even help out in the kitchen at home just for this particular dish.
You don't have much choice here. They only serve hand-pinched soup mushroom pan mee with veggie. The price of a small bowl is RM4.00 whilst the bigger bowl is RM4.50. 

I prefer mine with an egg, which costs a little extra but totally worth it. You can add in lime too but I'm not a huge fan of it so none for me. There's chilli sauce too but despite the fact that I enjoy spicy food, I don't like the taste of chilli sauce .-.



The first time was superb but it kind of deteriorated the second time I went there. Perhaps it was the shocking number of patrons the second time round. It was a very hot day but it didn't discourage the people who made up their minds to have lunch there.


Zoomed in, again and again..


The first time we had our lunch there, the noodles were not too soft but a little chewy as I like it. The mushrooms were tasty and lovely (A LOT of mushrooms). Fried onion sprinkled on top of the noodles added to the taste and to be honest, it was quite divine.

However, the second time was not so satisfying. The noodles were a bit soggy and that spoilt the whole thing. The soup was not that good either. I believe that the stove fire was a little too much.



No kidding. These people didn't mind the heat at all as there aren't any cooling fans there. I'll give it another chance as the first time was really, really awesome. 

Side note: I shouldn't post close-ups of food at 11pm in the future, since I've vowed to not take supper unless it's really necessary .-.


Food: 8.5/10
Ambiance: 5.5/10 (come on, you are not looking for a fine dining ambiance so why do you care about this section)
Price: 9/10
Service: 7.5
/10
Overall: 7.6/10
(for reference only)

Tian YaKe Ban Mian
Lorong Haji Taib 5, 
Chow Kit,
50350 Kuala Lumpur,
Malaysia.

Operating Hours: N/A :( Leave a comment below if you have an answer.


You Might Also Like

0 comments

around the world

Flag Counter

Total Pageviews