Strangers at 47, Seksyen 17, Petaling Jaya

13:53


Taking a quick break from endless photos from my Greek holiday and decided to switch to something local for the time being.

Finally got a chance to stop by Strangers at 47 at Seksyen 17, Petaling Jaya after a short trip back to my high school. Had a tough time finding a parking space so mom ended up dropping me off to find a table and order some food while she started hunting for a spot to park her car.

Even from the outside of the place I could see that there are already quite a lot of people having their meals inside.



The place itself is a small, cozy one. Perfect for some catching up with friends. Probably a little noisy because of all that.





Got myself a Matchoc - from the name you could probably guess that it's half matcha and half chocolate, something which I've never tried (so it goes on my table).
It was a pleasant combination. The faint hint of matcha and the sweet chocolate goes surprisingly well together.



Me being incapable of posing that well. LOL.



For lunch, we've decided to share a plate of savoury crepe (high school carnival earlier, got myself some stuff to nom on and had some cendol too otw. oops) and for desserts, a sweet crepe.

It was so hard to pick one from the savoury crepe section! I wanted to try them all but there were only two of us (damn!).





Ended up going with Miss Dory (RM 20).

I never really had a savoury crepe on a plate like this before. The most I've had was those Shimino savoury crepes, all rolled up and ready to go. So, it was a nice experience.
The dory fillet was crispy on the outside but soft in the inside, just the way I like it. However, it is a little salty for me. And a bit on the spicy side (sriracha mayo lime I guess).





"Who lives in a pineapple under the sea?"

For dessert, I went with Spongebob's Crib (RM 10). Obviously because I'm a diehard Spongebob Squarepants fan. And I was craving for pineapples for no apparent reason. Pineapple custard, walnuts, salted caramel.. topped with a vanilla ice-cream. Delish! (Also, I wanted something with an ice-cream)

Actually, I was expecting something like a pineapple tower with a miniature Spongebob figurine. Hah!



Everything is priced quite fairly and I enjoyed the atmosphere there.
Photos taken with mom's iPhone6 on this impromptu trip. Will definitely come back here on a less busy day as parking spots are REALLY hard to find.

Food: 7.5/10
Ambiance: 8/10
Price: 8/10
Service: 8/10
Overall: 7.9/10

(based on personal experience)

Strangers at 47
47, Jalan 17/45
Seksyen 17
46400 Petaling Jaya
Selangor
Tel No.: 03-7497 2409
FB Page: Strangers at 47
Operating Hours: 11am-10pm (closed on Tuesdays)

You Might Also Like

0 comments

around the world

Flag Counter

Total Pageviews