Microwaved Chocolate Mug Brownies!

21:45

I found a recipe for chocolate brownie in a mug a few weeks ago and I didn't have the time to try it out until last week. The best part? It's super easy to attempt and takes less than 5 minutes!

Some of you may not agree with microwaved food. If so, this post is not for you (sorry). I may post the recipe for oven-baked brownies but that may take some time as I dont really have full access to an oven.

Enough with the gibberish and small talks. I've downsized the recipe as the original one was too much for me. Therefore, this smaller portion is quite suitable for a light snack/dessert. Here's what you need:

× 2 tablespoons flour
× 2 tablespoons sugar
× 2-3 tablespoons milk (depends on how soft you want the brownie to be)
× 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
× 1 tablespoon chocolate chips
× 1 tablespoon olive oil
× half an egg (beat it and save the other half for frying or other purpose. Or you could try to add in a whole egg, I havn't really experimented with that yet)
× 1/4 teaspoon vanilla essence
× a pinch of salt

*Makes enough brownie for 1, unless you have a huge appetite*





Add everything into a MICROWAVABLE MUG (or cup, or bowl) and stir well. It may look a little weird and gross at first but trust me, it'll look better later on.
Pop the mug into the microwave oven for about 90 seconds to 2 minutes and voila, a brownie is born. (yes, a tad bit dramatic, I know.)



Not too bad-looking, right?



Anyway, if you're feeling like it, add in some ice-cream and chocolate sauce too. I prefer it with ice-cream, especially when the brownie is fresh out of the microwave oven. That warm and cold combination is just perfect for me.

I tried adding in some chocolate chips for my previous brownie but it was just too much chocolate and it was hard to shove it down my throat. My first experimental microwave brownie was a Nutella brownie but that didnt go well because it tasted weird and quite nauseating.





(yeah, a little gross, ikr. should I add in photos of failed projects?)

I decided to give mug brownies another try and I am still thankful that I did. Will experiment further next time! x)


You Might Also Like

0 comments

around the world

Flag Counter

Total Pageviews