Bavarian Bierhaus, The Curve.

23:10

If you havnt noticed already, I've made a few tweaks to my blog. I've even thought of changing the blog name but I don't have any ideas at the moment so I decided to let it go. Anyway, I know that most of my posts nowadays are about food. This is mainly because I seldom get to go places these days (it's the schooling term too). I will try to update about other stuff too so no worries. :)

Ok, now back to the post.

It's been quite some time since I last had German food. The last experience before this was kind of a nightmare as everything was too salty for my taste.

I decided to let bygones be bygones and have another try at the German restaurant near my place, which is the Bavarian Bierhaus at The Curve. 



They serve a variety of food, including schnitzel, pork knuckles, sausages and pizzas. Of course, don't forget the beer! (nope. couldn't get someone to share.)









It's a little cozy place at a somewhat quiet corner at The Curve, near the back entrances of TGIF and Marche.





Jagerschnitzel (RM40)Freshly Crumbled Pork Fillet Topped With Fresh Sauteed Mushroom In Demi Glaze.

After I got over my shroom-phobia (long story short, I had too much wild mushrooms to myself when I was a kid), I am head over heels for mushrooms. That really escalated quickly. 
I absolutely love the pork fillet here! It's breaded and not too oily. The sauteed mushroom complimented the pork fillet very well as it will not be too dry.





Europaische Wurste Platter (RM48) - European Sausages Platter With German Farmer Sausage, Chorizo Sausage, Hungarian Sausage, Served With Mashed Potatoes, Sauerkraut And Grill Streaky Bacon.

To be honest, I need a handbook when it comes to sausages. I couldn't quite differentiate the German Farmer from the Chorizo nor the Hungarian one. I'll probably need to take up a course on sausages sometime soon. I mean, they all look pretty much the same but tastes different. Some are saltier than the others whilst some others are just alright for me. They're all quite delicious though. The juiciness. :3

The mashed potato was plain good. It may not be as creamy as the Ben's General Food Store one. There are still bits of potato in it and well, I like it that way too.


This second set of photos shown below are from my most recent trip there, which was yesterday (oh my. perhaps I'm getting more efficient)



Caesar Salad.



After the successful try with the Jagerschnitzel, we decided to try another one.
Swiss Schnitzel (RM40) - Freshly Crumbled Pork Fillet Topped With Black Forest Ham, Melted Swiss Cheese.

I couldn't believe it at first but the stringy stuff at the side is actually noodles! (Forgive me if I'm making a big scene out of this) It's not what I'm used to but I like it and so did the others.
Now, back to the pork fillet. Ham and cheese, who doesn't like them? Add them to a piece of crispy pork fillet and you'll get an irresistible piece of art. Yep. They were so good that the dish was gone within 10 minutes.


Mom also bought a "Giant Pork Platter for 6" deal on Groupon, which included:
1x pork knuckle (1.2kg)
1x slab of pork ribs
3x pork belly
3x pork steaks
6x bacon strips
1x foot long sausage
2x Bavarian sausages
150g of sauerkraut
150g of mashed potatoes
The price is then RM168 instead of RM406.

We booked the day before and luckily, there's still seats available and the person-in-charge agreed to let us make reservations.




On the plate: pork knuckle, pork belly, pork steaks, foot long sausage, and Bavarian sausage.





On the plate: pork ribs, bacon strips, mashed potato, and sauerkraut.

Although it was a set for 6, it was still too much for us 9 (it may have something to do with the schnitzel we've ordered earlier but again, it may not). The pork knuckle was juicy and tender and the pork ribs have a sweetness to it. However, I find the pork bellies to be a little hard and the pork steaks a little cold.
The bacon is another story. I LOVE THE BACON. period. (and I seriously need to find some vocab equivalent to "delicious")

The service was OK, though some of the staff may not speak perfect English. There's free Wi-Fi there. What else would you want to know? Hmmm. The price. It's a little pricey for me cause I'm not the breadwinner nor do I do much part time work. It is still a common price for German food so I couldn't complain much.

Food: 7.5/10
Ambience: 6/10
Price: 6/10
Service: 6/10
Overall: 6.5/10
(for reference only)

Bavarian Bierhaus
Lot No. G66, Ground Floor,
No.6, Jalan PJU7/3,
The Curve, Mutiara Damansara,
47800, Petaling Jaya, Selangor,
Malaysia.

Operating Hours: 12pm - 11.30pm (12pm - 12.30am on Fri and Sat)

You Might Also Like

0 comments

around the world

Flag Counter

Total Pageviews