Easy (and Lazy) Hot Chocolate Recipe

23:20


To be honest, the hot chocolate at some cafes tasted as though it was a 3-in-1 Milo drink. It is so not worth the extra bucks for me (that's why I seldom get hot chocolates at cafes nowadays, unless it's really good).

So, I looked up the Internet and got a pretty easy hot chocolate recipe that doesn't even take 5 minutes!

You'll need:
→ 237ml (1 cup)  milk
→ 2 tablespoons cocoa powder (unsweetened)
→ 1 tablespoon sugar (or to taste)
→ 1/4 teaspoon vanilla essence (to enhance the flavour)
→ 1 pinch salt (again, for a better taste)

Whisk 2 tablespoons of milk, the cocoa powder, sugar and salt in a small saucepan over medium-low heat until the cocoa, sugar and salt are dissolved. Pour in the rest of the milk and whisk over medium heat until it's hot. Then, stir in the vanilla and you're done.


Who am I kidding.
I'm quite a lazy person so here's my LAZY way to prepare it (it may not taste as heavenly as the hot chocolate prepared using the method above but it's good enough).

First off, put the cup of milk into the microwave oven (make sure that your cup is microwave-friendly) for about 30-60 seconds to heat it up. Then, stir in the cocoa powder, salt and sugar until they fully dissolve. If they are unable to dissolve, heat the cup up a little more. Add in the vanilla and stir well.
There you go! A cup of hot chocolate without having to light up the stove.


There are quite a lot of variations to this recipe. You can...

1. Drink it as it is, or...



(sorry for the bad quality pic. it was a lazy day. hahah)

2. Freeze them into chocolate cubes using an ice tray and plop them into a cup of milk.

3. Freeze it and blend the mixture for a cup of cold chocolate. I havn't really tried making cold chocolate yet but it really seems like a good idea.

Feel free to add in some whipped cream or marshmallows too :D

Now you've known the lazier way to make hot chocolate, why not give it a try? Grab a book and enjoy your drink!


You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. I just came here for some validation for my own lazy choc. I'm pretty sure I use 1tbsp cocoa, 2 tbsp granulated sugar per 8 oz (and I use water, and my coffee machine, how is cooking on the stove lazy? lol but I would use milk), and it's just strong enough where if I use 12 oz water (usual use of machine) it tastes a bit watery. Made one last night with one semi-heaping tbsp of cocoa and 12oz water, it was fine. Since I don't cook mine, the cocoa has to be stirred up before drinking, but tastes fine.

    ReplyDelete

around the world

Flag Counter

Total Pageviews