Transformers: Age of Extinction

22:17

Received a text from mom last Saturday informing me about a spontaneous visit to the cinema as bro and sis wanted to watch Transformers: Age of Extinction. Or as they say, Transformers 4. Anyway, I'm a movie fan but not a movie critic. I love movies. I love action. I love CGI. Well, probably has something to do with the actors and actresses at times.



For me, I like this fourth installment but the same couldn't be said for others. Some people argue that it's a bore and some said that 3 hours is way too long for a movie. Me? I get hyped when I see muscle cars and they appear in almost every scene of the movie.



Every time I hear the name Michael Bay, I'll automatically link him to the Transformers series. We used to joke about Transformers and you know, the electrical-component-transformer during Living Skills classes. I have no idea why am I writing this down anyway.



There is a whole new cast (human cast, anyway). No more Sam Whitwicky/Shia LaBeouf but Cade Yeager/Mark Wahlberg instead.
We have Jack Reynor as Shane Dyson, Nicola Peltz as Tessa Yeager, Stanley Tucci as Joshua Joyce, Titus Welliver as James Savoy, Kelsey Grammer as Harold Attinger and also Li Bingbing as Su Yueming.



If you're familiar with the Transformers stories, you'll know that there are two main kinds of alien robots in these series: Autobots and Decepticons.
The Autobots in this installment include Optimus Prime, Bumblebee, Hound, Crosshairs, Drift, Ratchet, Brains and Leadfoot whilst Galvatron is the main Decepticon in the movie.
There are also Dinobots in this movie, making it the first Dinobot appearance in the Transformers film series. Lockdown, an intergalactic bounty hunter, is also introduced in this movie.



Imagine Dragons also wrote a song, Battle Cry, for Transformers: Age of Extinction. I have to admit, when I first heard the song, I wasn't too impressed. I was hoping for something more... upbeat. After watching the movie, though, I've grown to like it.



It's a Hollywood blockbuster all right, with the Bugatti, Camaro, Lamborghini, Pagani, and Chevrolets. And a heap of smashing, burning, bombing. Let's don't forget the alien robots with their super huge spaceship.



The short version of the story from IMDB:
"A mechanic and his family join the Autobots as they are targeted by a bounty hunter from another world."Which pretty much sums it up. Easy enough plot but it was a little draggish to be honest. It's a tad too long/ However, the cars, the alien robots, and the guys cheered me up. I got distracted. Oops.



Despite all the negativity, I'd still go for a Transformers 5, as long as the movie length is not over 3 hours. Let's hope that all future movies will be kept within a 3-hour limit or at least a short toilet break in between.


On the sidelines, look out for my next post (so many overdue posts)!

- photos Googled - 



You Might Also Like

0 comments

around the world

Flag Counter

Total Pageviews