22 Jump Street

23:11

Even though I have not watched 21 Jump Street, I jumped at the opportunity to watch 22 Jump Street, which was released in Malaysia 2 weeks ago. Geddit, "jump" and "Jump Street"? OK, I'll admit it, it's lame.



There are of course a few reasons that made me want to watch this movie in the first place.
1. It was decades since I last watched a comedy in the theaters.
2. It has good ratings, like 7.8 in imdb. Positive reviews too.
3. Come on, it's Channing Tatum.
Maybe number 3 isn't that much of a reason to support my cause but still...

jonah-hill_channing-tatum-22-jump-street-poster

Since it was the Raya holidays, mom and I went for a quick movie. I had a cold then but cracking up made me feel better. Three cheers for comedies!



For those who missed out 21 Jump Street like me, Morton Schmidt (Jonah Hill) and Greg Jenko (Channing Tatum) went undercover in a high school after the Jump Street program restarted. Eventually, they managed to capture the drug dealer and his supplier after a few ups and downs in their relationship (professionally speaking, of course).

22 Jump Street Poster

After their successful undercover op at a high school, Schmidt and Jenko are assigned to uncover a drug ring in a college after a student died from overdose. Their assignment from Captain Dickson (Ice Cube) was to look out for the WHYPHY supplier. So, they chose to go to college as "Doug" and "Brad".

Anyway, it was a little obvious that these two are undercover cops but they managed to pull it off...



There are just too many funny parts in the movie. One of my friends told me that he literally couldn't stop laughing from the beginning of the movie to the end. Lots of cracking dialogues and also a lot of swearing, which automatically gives it a 18 rating in Malaysia. Oops.

Darn, even the credits are hilarious. There were mock sequels from 23 Jump Street to 40-ish Jump Street, from exchange students, to culinary school students, to action figures and animated series. Officially the best end-of-film credits EVER.

Most critics say that 22 Jump Street is wackier than 21 Jump Street. Maybe I should catch 21 Jump Street sometime soon, just to verify the fact...

-images Googled-

You Might Also Like

0 comments

around the world

Flag Counter

Total Pageviews