Part-timer.

19:59

Guess what? I'm back from being a part-timer and transformed into an average student again. This was my first time working part-time at an event (and at anything, for the record). It proved to be a good experience and I learnt quite a lot.



photo from FB

SCORE - Sports Competition Outdoor Recreational Expo
This is actually a sports exhibition organised by my mom's company, Mantra. She hired me for part-time work and I took the job. She wanted me to learn and I appreciate that, a lot.

SCORE Facebook page
Score.my

The event had about 60 different participating outlets and 100 booths. It was the first SCORE expo and it was held at the Putra World Trade Centre (PWTC) from the 27 to 30 June, 10am to 9pm and 10am to 8pm on the 30.



photo from FB

 photo 20130629_165215_zps40b251f4.jpg

I worked the weekend away. I rotated between the registration counter and the lucky draw counter for the two days. It was quite tiring because the crowd came in very quickly on Saturday and I didn't even manage to sit nor catch a breath from 9+am to almost 1pm. The Standard Chartered KL Marathon race bag collection was inside the expo and quite a lot of them were there because of it.



photo from FB

Then to the lucky draw counter where I helped combining the receipts and stamp them for the lucky draws. I even helped out with the Facebook counter where visitors get to have a lucky dip after liking the Facebook page.





photos from FB

There were lots of performances and games there, including an obstacle challenge, tri-bikes, archery, paintball and mini putt.

The second day was a little bit more relaxing but still, there are a lot of people to serve too. Was practically busy until towards the end of the expo.



I won a paintball voucher from the Facebook event but I didn't manage to take photos. Here I am with the bow and arrows... which I totally suck in. Maybe some practice would help? The bow is a little heavier than I had imagined. I couldn't manage to get my aim straight...

 photo 20130629_193612_zpsa97c0489.jpg

Selca during break. Mwahahaha. Had a jersey (actually two because I forgotten to bring mine..) from SCORE too.

 photo 20130630_092020_zps342cce2f.jpg

View from the bridge to Hall 2, where the expo is located.

 photo CYMERA_20130701_173758_zps8afc9405.jpg

Also, guess who showed up? Hahahaha. Was touched to see a familiar face around. Had to take him for a tour for a moment. (He was the only friend who showed up... sigh)
Seriously, almost everyone was busy doing something or don't have the transport to go to PWTC. *brokenhearted*



photo from FB

Had a group photo but missing some people. Ignore my retarded face.
Mom said that working in an expo would help me gain experience and I would have something to put into my resume the next time. It was fun and awesome to be working around such friendly people. :)

See you at SCORE 2014, which will be held on 5-7 September 2014, at KLCC!

You Might Also Like

0 comments

around the world

Flag Counter

Total Pageviews