Plan B; Gurney Paragon, Penang.

21:28


Another damn-why-am-I-eating-alone-again brunch post. Some people are all about having some alone time but I absolutely HATE eating alone.
I could shop alone. I could watch movies alone. Heck, I could even take flights alone but I still couldn't get used to eating alone. 

Eating alone means.. 
1) You could only order an item off the menu (at most three items for an average person).
2) The awkward "table for one"
3) Scrolling through all your social media feeds or checking emails, anything to make yourself seem busy.

After being stuck in Singapore for about 5 months, I miss some of the food places in Malaysia  MOST of the food places in Malaysia not only because of the conversion rate but also because of the quality of the food. I'm not saying that there's no nice hawker food in Singapore but I prefer Malaysia's. Hence, I was terrifically happy to be able to taste Penang food once again.


See what I mean? An array of cakes but knowing that you wouldn't be able to finish a whole slice after main course (plus I was shopping that day so not much cash available).

I don't often cafe hop / eat at restaurants / shop in Penang but this trip was a little different due to a series of events.





Eating alone in the morning when there wasn't many people around intensifies the loneliness. True story.




Turkish Apple (RM10). 
The tea comes with biscotti, which is a huge plus. It took me a couple of pours but I eventually finished the pot of tea.
Don't think I've ever tried Turkish Apple tea but it tastes OK to me. Wish I could try some of the other teas though. 

Fun fact: I once learnt the proper way to sample Chinese tea within 10 minutes in Taiwan.



Eggs Benedict (RM20).
Was slightly disappointed at the lack of  meat but oh well.
The eggs, however, looked so perfect when it was served but I had to poke them, just to be sure. Perfectly poached eggs are pretty rare.



The first one wasn't perfect. It hardened a little inside but not much harm done. It's still nice. 
Unfortunately, the English muffin was a little tough. I like the hollandaise sauce although it wasn't the best that I have ever tasted.


Satisfied with the second piece's poached egg. Heh.


I should definitely learn to make hollandaise sauce.

Photos taken with Samsung Galaxy A5 (which has a surprisingly decent camera).
Older post back in 2012 on Plan B Paradigm Mall here.

By the way, received feedback on one of my academic assignments saying that my writing was quite good. Yay me! -pops open a bottle of champagne to celebrate- 
On second thought, no. I don't drink much champagne.


Food: 7/10
Ambiance: 8.5/10
Price: 7/10
Service: 8/10
Overall: 7.6/10

(based on personal experience)


Plan B Gurney Paragon
163C-1-03 & 163C-1-04
Persiaran Gurney
10250 Pulau Pinang
Tel No: +604 228 8909

Operating Hours:
10am - 10pm (Sun-Thurs)
10am - 11pm (Fri-Sat, eve of public holidays)




You Might Also Like

0 comments

around the world

Flag Counter

Total Pageviews