Second Sunday, Damansara Uptown.

19:49


It's not the second week of December nor is it a Sunday but we decided to drop by Second Sunday nonetheless. Much appreciation towards a certain someone for driving me there.

AND YES I'VE FINALLY COLLECTED MY DRIVING LICENSE AFTER 5 MONTHS. The school was kind enough to give me two P stickers for my car (who knows, I might get one after 5 years.. when I'm not on a probationary license anymore).



We arrived at the cafe at 11-ish in the morning. Fortunately, it's a weekday and there was only one other table that was occupied.



Self-service menus- pick one from the rack and bring it over to your table.



This is somewhat annoyingly nice. Initially I thought that it was a burger/clam of some sort. It took me a moment to realise that it was a coffee bean. -gasp-



Food arrived promptly after making payments at the cashier.





Rose with French Vanilla Tea (RM 7).
Was expecting a pot of tea but got a cup of it instead. Oh well.
The fragrance of the combination is pleasing but I was hoping for something more flavourful in terms of taste, I guess. Back to chai tea?





Took some more pictures while waiting for the food and took a couple of photos for her.
No kidding. This client is a little hard to please. -insert laughing in tears emoji here-



Sunny Side up (RM25).
Complete with avacado, sauteed mushrooms, and salmon. Did I mention that it's a CHEESY sunny side up?
I like the seaweed on top of the eggs as it brings out the Japanese in the eggs contributes to the platter of flavours. The mushrooms, however, are just meh.
And I legit thought that the salmon were tomatoes until I started on the bread. The cheesy eggs were  so distracting.



Ended up building my own sandwich in the end (avacado hidden beneath the salmon), even garnished it.





The Local Pankek (RM18).
One of their signature dishes, so we decided to try it too.
Pandan pancakes with caramelised bananas, and coconut flakes, completed with ice-cream and maple syrup on the side.
The pandan flavour wasn't that strong but pancakes and ice-cream always go well together. Toasted coconut flakes was good though.



Deconstructed local pankek (priceless). Simply a piece of art because apparently someone doesn't like caramelised bananas. Hah.

We should've asked for the pancake and ice-cream to be served later. Oops.



However, you can't deny that the food arrangement is aesthetically pleasing.



Behind-the-scenes. The food had to endure up to 5 minutes of portrait shots before being consumed. Lucky I've never dined with people who takes more than 10 minutes for food shots.



Last of all, a random snowman.

Parked at Atria and walked over because there weren't any parking lots available.

Aaaaand... all of this happened today. Wanted to post it up the blog on the same day because I know that I will procrastinate and these photos will end up on the bottom of my phone camera album sooner or later.

Food: 7/10
Ambiance: 8.5/10
Price: 7/10
Service: 7.5/10
Overall: 7.3/10

(based on personal experience)



Second Sunday, Damansara Uptown
31, Jalan SS 22/19, 
47400 Petaling Jaya, 
Selangor, Malaysia.
Tel No.: +60 3-7731 7126
FB Page: Second Sunday Cafe

Operating Hours:
11am - 11pm (Mon, Wed-Fri)
10am - 7pm (Sat-Sun)
Closed on Tuesdays






You Might Also Like

0 comments

around the world

Flag Counter

Total Pageviews