W39 Bistro and Bakery, Clementi.

12:52


Woke up on a Saturday morning to find that we will be having brunch at W39, one of the few cafes near my area. It was on my to-go list but I couldn't seem to find time to visit the place, nor could I get someone to share my food, until now.



We went there by car and reserved a table beforehand. It was quite crowded inside but there were plenty of seats outside. However, it's scorching hot nowadays and the interior of the cafe was much cooler.






Cozy little place with magazines and trinkets.


And props too! Featuring the I-literally-just-woke-up-20-mins-ago-so-I-cover-everything look.

They carry Dilmah tea here, ordered Chamomile (S$3) as I was feeling for something faintly sweet.

W39 starts serving lunch and mains at 12pm so we only ordered from the brunch menu (weekends and public holidays only, from 9am-3pm).





Hearty Breakfast (S$18) - sunny-side-ups, sauteed mushrooms, pork sausage, slices of bacon, toast.
It was fairly decent but I feel that the sauteed mushrooms could be of more taste. Unfortunately, it was not worth the S$18 price in my opinion.





Waffle Eggs Ben (S$16) -  waffle topped with shredded braised lamb shank, mushrooms, complete with poached eggs and hollandaise sauce!
Was excited over this as I'm still quite a stranger to savoury waffles. The combination was quite good and it did not disappoint. One of the eggs was slightly over-poached but the other one was perfect.
Would recommend to consume the dish as soon as possible as the waffle will get soggy overtime.



Chicken Shepherd's Pie (S$12) - W39's shepherd's pie comes in either chicken or beef. We opted for chicken as some of us don't consume beef.
It wasn't as hot as expected, instead it was quite warm. However, the cheese and the flavour of the chicken was good.


Salted Caramel Cake (S$6.80) - Chocolate sponge cake with salted caramel cream, topped with more chocolate.
I couldn't deny that chocolate goes well with salted caramel but if I were to finish the whole slice by myself it would have been too much cream for me. It's okay if you share it though.

Side note: CEREAL magazines has the aesthetics and W39 has a few copies there!




Food: 7.5/10
Ambiance: 8/10
Price: 8/10
Service: 7.5/10
Overall: 7.8/10

(based on personal experience)


W39 Bistro and Bakery,
39 Jalan Mas Puteh, 
128637 Singapore.

Tel No.: +659646 5372
Nearest MRT: Clementi (East West Line/Green Line)
Website: W39 Bistro & Bakery
FB page: W39 Bistro & Bakery FB page

Operating Hours: 
11am-10pm (Tues - Fri)
9am-10.30pm (Sat - Sun)
CLOSED ON MONDAYS







You Might Also Like

0 comments

around the world

Flag Counter

Total Pageviews