Big Spoon, Setia Walk.

12:50



So, a few friends and I went to Setia Walk for cafe/restaurant hopping. First and foremost, I felt thrilled as I've never been to Puchong for food before. And it's with friends. Yippee!

That said, here's one of the stops we've made.



With all the fuss about Boat Noodle (being small portions of noodles in huge bowls) and mini-sized food, we decided to have a go at Big Spoon, Setia Walk (obviously serving small portions of noodles in big spoons)


They only have two main dishes there, the chicken cold noodle and also dumplings. They have rice wine soup too but we only had the chicken cold noodles, which are RM1.90 each.



There are two kind of sauces (or in this case, oil) to add on the chicken noodles. The yellow one (Szechuan peppercorn) makes you feel numb and the red one (red chilli) is spicy, as the labels said.

For me, well, the red one.. is a dangerous one. I'm good with spicy food but it numbs the tongue long after the meal so beware. You've been warned. I only had a few drops of it and well, it's quite an experience.



Apparently, it's a Szechuan cuisine and the chicken cold noodles are not really my thing. 
Drizzled with their homemade sauce, the cold noodles are served with shredded chicken and cucumber, and also some spring onion.

To be honest, I'm not a fan of icy cold noodles but the springy noodles here are the best part of the dish. The homemade sauce of the noodles is quite weird for me. I couldn't exactly describe the taste of it. A little sweet and that's all I could say. 

You may or may not like it, so why not just try it and decide for yourself?

It was a weekday morning and there weren't many people there. I find it a good place to sit down and talk to friends. And that was what we did over our short stop.


P.S. I love it when you could order a few dishes here and there and share it with your friends. This way you'd be able to get more variety and not get bloated!

Food: 6.5/10
Ambiance: 8/10
Price: 7/10
Service: 8.5/10
Overall: 7.5/10

(based on personal experience)

Big Spoon
D-7-G, Block D, 
SetiaWalk, Persiaran Wawasan, 
Pusat Bandar Puchong, 
47100 Puchong, 
Selangor,
Malaysia.


Operating Hours: 11am - 10pm
Tel No.: 012-357 5865

You Might Also Like

0 comments

around the world

Flag Counter

Total Pageviews