The Hunger Games: Mockingjay - part 1

15:56


Apparently, The Hunger Games: Mockingjay - part 1 has the biggest opening in 2014.

I've been a fan of The Hunger Games series since a few years back when the first two books were released. I was thrilled when they decided to shoot a series of movies based on the trilogy. To be frank, the prices of the books skyrocketed when the first installment was on the big screens. I bought those books at a promotional price back in 2010 and to see them rise that high up two years ago. Wow.

After finishing the books twice, I guess I knew how the story would go. My friends and family members who are lazy enough to not read the books would want me to tell them the storyline and plot and how it would end. I don't always spoil movies for them but well, since they asked for it.. One of my friends was shocked when I told her the guy she admired very much in Catching Fire (the second installment) will die in the end.. Well, I'm not saying who died. You'd know if you read the books haha

So, the movie.

We watched it back-to-back with Big Hero 6. I guess you could call it a mini marathon? Or is two movies to short to be called a movie marathon? I don't really know.



Ah. Even the logo is impressive. So fiery. So rebel-ish.



The teaser from a few months back. Much wow. SO MUCH WHITE, IT IS BLINDING.
Peeta Mallark (Josh Hutchinson) did not make it out of the dome in the 75th Hunger Games and got captured by President Snow (Donald Sutherland) instead and is used for propaganda to stop the rebellions' plans to overthrow the Capitol.



On the other hand, the Mockingjay and the face of the rebellion, Katniss Everdeen (Jennifer Lawrence) is in District 13 with her mother (Paula Malcomson), Prim (Willow Shields), and Gale Hawthorne (Liam Hemsworth) after the Capitol bombed the whole District 12, where she used to call her home.

District 4 tribute Finnick Odair (Sam Claflin) and District 12's Haymitch Albernathy (Woody Harrelson) is also at District 13 with Plutarch Heavensbee (Philip Seymour Hoffman), ex-Head Gamemaker who was secretly a rebellion leader.

President Coin (Julianne Moore) is the head of the rebel army in District 13. It was thought that District 13 was bombed and destroyed years ago but they survived and built underground tunnels and homes.

Hmm. What else?



Effie Trinket (Elizabeth Banks) got a new look in District 13, way different from her Capitol days.



Quite a number of new characters are introduced in District 13, like Cressida (Natalie Dormer), Boggs (Mahershala Ali), Castor (Wes Chatham) and Pollux (Elden Henson) who is an Avox (someone who had his tongue cut out).

I guess that I like the movie but..
There are just so many innocent deaths. And a lot of bombing.
President Snow gets on my nerves (which i guess was the main idea).

It's kind of dark too.

I don't know. I just get so sentimental nowadays.

And personally, I really like Jennifer Lawrence's version of The Hanging Tree in the movie despite her having dreaded singing the song. She has a strong character and I like this girl so much. Very much. I mean, she's has her own style and she's not as fake as some other celebrities.

Random news: Guy in Thailand used the three-finger salute in a protest. Whoa.

In the rolling credits, there's also a tribute to Philip Seymour Hoffman, who passed away early February. Thank you.

The next movie is scheduled for sometime about this time in 2015. I've also read reports that there will be other spin-off movies too. (I hope that that is true)


- images Googled or from the Official THG FB page -



And, of course, if you are looking for trinkets or accessories, visit my Instagram / Facebook shop!


You Might Also Like

0 comments

around the world

Flag Counter

Total Pageviews