Hello Kitty Sweets, Taipei City.

22:35


After a little more than a week at Taiwan, I decided that two trips isn't enough.
We stayed with my aunt's friend in Taiwan and the family is quite generous and plain awesome to bring us around Taipei.

We stopped by Hello Kitty Sweets in Taipei City on a post-rain afternoon.



Why this place? I love unique cafes and well, it's Hello Kitty.







There's an array of cakes and desserts to choose from. You can even pack them home.




Well, this is my first time to a Hello Kitty themed restaurant so I am a little excited. We booked earlier to ensure that seats are available.









Even the coasters are Hello Kitty themed! 
We were there after lunch hours and before dinner so we had no choice but to choose from the desserts menu as they only serve main courses during lunch and dinner.
However, a minimum spending of 300NTD per person is required. 

We ordered dessert sets, inclusive of the dessert of your choice, a drink worth 180NTD and a pudding.



The yellow mango flavoured Hello Kitty pudding arrived first.




I ordered an Oreo pie and a coffee which I have now forgotten the name as I had quite a lot of caffeine there. I have no complaints. The Hello Kitty is so cute and well, OREO is just as lovely as always. Darnit. The coffee (probable latte if my memory serves me) was quite OK. No disappointments here.














The ice-cream filled Hello Kitty bread.. well, not too nice. The bread is a little hard and as my cousins said that it was too filling. It's actually quite a big portion so I agree with them. (and we ordered two portions..)

On top of that, they also mentioned that the drinks are on the sweet side. I have a sweet tooth so it didn't bother me much though.




We visited the 1st floor and we were greeted with a huge Hello Kitty shaped ceiling light.





A tour to the washroom is a must. There's even a comfortable couch there. :3



Well, it was quite an experience. However, I wouldn't go back to the place as there are still so many different food places to explore in Taiwan! The other reason is because most themed restaurants, including Hello Kitty Sweets, are just famous for their decorations but not their food.
There are reviews that complimented their main courses but I couldn't object or agree as we didn't have that chance.



It's worth a try if you are a die-hard Hello Kitty fan or if you like to try new stuff. There are also some Hello Kitty merchandises there, which are not too expensive. And well, Kitty and friends are cute. Are they not? x)

If you plan to go for a visit, a gentle reminder: MAKE RESERVATIONS.

Food: 6/10
Ambiance: 9/10
Price: 6.5/10
Service: 8/10
Overall: 7.3/10

(for reference only)


HELLO KITTY SWEETS
No.90, Sec. 1,
Da'an Road.,
Da'an District,
Taipei, Taiwan.
Tel.: +886 2 2711 1132
Operating Hours: 11:30 am - 10:00 pm


You Might Also Like

0 comments

around the world

Flag Counter

Total Pageviews