Nancy Drew

22:42

There's a mini book fest at my school hall in conjunction with a program my school launched earlier this year, which is Speak English Year. Why Speak English Year? To improve our English, of course.


You see, studying in an independent school meant people in my school usually communicate in Chinese and neglected English. Well, enough about English and my school.

 Let's continue with the topic. Ever familiar with the name Nancy Drew?


It had been such a long time since I last bought a Nancy Drew book. The last time was about a year ago, perhaps? Fine, maybe not so long after all.

I've been quite a fan of Nancy Drew book since primary school. The first book I got was a birthday gift for my 9th birthday, The Spider Sapphire Mystery. I read the book and really liked it. From then on, I got stuck in the plots of Nancy's many detective stories.


Nancy Drew first appeared in 1930, created by Edward Stratemeyer. Nancy Drew books were written by many different authors, all under the name Carolyn Keene
These are the more classic series. Yes, they are mine, all 37 of them in the picture. *laughs maniacally*
Unfortunately, the last book was published in 2004. 
Sorry about the a-little-too-dark-photo above. Forgotten to use the camera flash. :X


Ok. So what's Nancy Drew about? There may be a slight difference between old and new versions of the series. I mean, 1930 to 2004 is a long way to go!
Nancy Drew is a teenage amateur detective who has a lawyer father, Carson Drew. She has two besties called Bess Marvin and George Fayne, cousins with different personalities. Three of them get along pretty well and are sometimes aided by Nancy's boyfriend, Ned Nickerson.
Nancy's mother passed away when she was three and she lived with her father and a lovely housekeeper who makes great food, Hannah Gruen.

Here's a list of the 64 books in the classic Nancy Drew series: (those that I have are in bold)


#1 The Secret of the Old Clock
#2 The Hidden Staircase
#3 The Bungalow Mystery
#4 The Mystery at Lilac Inn
#5 The Secret of Shadow Ranch
#6 The Secret of Red Gate Farm
#7 The Clue in the Diary
#8 Nancy's Mysterious Letter
#9 The Sign of the Twisted Candles
#10 Password to Larkspur Lane
#11 The Clue in the Broken Locket
#12 The Message in the Hollow Oak
#13 The Mystery of the Ivory Charm
#14 The Whispering Statue
#15 The Haunted Bridge
#16 The Clue of the Tapping Heels
#17 The Mystery of the Brass-Bound Trunk
#18 The Mystery of the Moss-Covered Mansion
#19 The Quest of the Missing Map
#20 The Clue in the Jewel Box
#21 The Secret in the Old Attic
#22 The Clue in the Crumbling Wall
#23 The Mystery of the Tolling Bell
#24 The Clue in the Old Album
#25 The Ghost of Blackwood Hall
#26 The Clue of the Leaning Chimney
#27 The Secret of the Wooden Lady
#28 The Clue of the Black Keys
#29 Mystery at the Ski Jump
#30 The Clue of the Velvet Mask
#31 The Ringmaster's Secret
#32 The Scarlet Slipper Mystery
#33 The Witch Tree Symbol
#34 The Hidden Window Mystery
#35 The Haunted Showboat
#36 The Secret of the Golden Pavilion
#37 The Clue in the Old Stagecoach
#38 The Mystery of the Fire Dragon
#39 The Clue of the Dancing Puppet
#40 The Moonstone Castle Mystery
#41 The Clue of the Whistling Bagpipes
#42 The Phantom of Pine Hill
#43 The Mystery of the 99 Steps
#44 The Clue in the Crossword Cipher
#45 The Spider Sapphire Mystery
#46 The Invisible Intruder
#47 The Mysterious Mannequin
#48 The Crooked Banister
#49 The Secret of Mirror Bay
#50 The Double Jinx Mystery
#51 Mystery of the Glowing Eye
#52 The Secret of the Forgotten City
#53 The Sky Phantom
#54 The Strange Message in the Parchment
#55 Mystery of Crocodile Island
#56 The Thirteenth Pearl
#57 The Triple Hoax
#58 The Flying Saucer Mystery
#59 The Secret in the Old Lace
#60 The Greek Symbol Mystery
#61 The Swami's Ring
#62 The Kachina Doll Mystery
#63 The Twin Dilemma
#64 Captive Witness


I've read a few of them from libraries or bookstores though. So, all in all, I've read almost every book! x)


Anyway, here's my collection of Nancy Drew books. I think I've got another few books somewhere in the house. The ones in front are from the Nancy Drew Girl Detective series. They are quite fun and good for me. Picture a modern Nancy with cell phones, Bess being a whiz around mechanical stuff and George being an IT genius.


The Nancy Drew Case Files series. I got one of them from a warehouse sale. Unfortunately, I only have that ONE book. :(

Nancy Drew - The White Wolf of Icicle Creek Coverart.png

There's also PC games and stuff. I used to have this game while I was younger. Yes, you've got it right. I misplaced this CD somewhere too. Sorry, Nancy. :X

I also found out that there were Nancy Drew films and shows but I never got to watch them. Well, next time, perhaps?


You Might Also Like

0 comments

around the world

Flag Counter

Total Pageviews