Sherlock Holmes

22:41

I've been watching the Sherlock Holmes television programme for the last few days. It brought me back to the days when used to I read the Sherlock Holmes stories for a few hours at a time. I'm kinda obsessed with mystery stories, example blogged: Nancy Drew



Here's my copy of Sherlock Holmes: The Complete Stories. Bought this at a warehouse sale for a cheap price. Believe me, the book is about 1,400 pages and it cost me around RM50.

The original Sherlock Holmes, by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, was first published in 1887. He is a master at deduction and likes to play around with his violin. He shared a room with Dr. John Watson at 221B Baker Street in England and the latter recorded most of Holmes' adventures and his cases. His landlady, Mrs Hudson is a kind and dear lady. Sherlock's brother, Mycroft, who is a government official, made several appearances in his many adventures. He also has an enemy who is an evil mastermind, Jim Moriarty.



There are four original Sherlock Holmes novels: A Study in Scarlet, The Sign of the Four, The Hound of the Baskervilles and The Valley of Fear. Finished all four of them and planning to reread them sometime soon.



I also happen to have this, The Italian Secretary by Caleb Carr. This is one of the Sherlock Holmes book which was approved by the Doyle estate.



House of Silk by Anthony Horowitz. Havn't had the chance to read this.



There's also some books which portray a more modern kind of Sherlock Holmes. These are some adventures of the young Sherlock Holmes by Andrew Lane. I havn't got a chance with these too. Perhaps I should persuade my mom...





Now, the movies. There are quite a number of movies featuring Sherlock Holmes. These two are somehow connected and quite new, released in 2009 and 2011 respectively: Sherlock Holmes and Sherlock Holmes: A Game of Shadows. I've watch the second one but couldn't find time to watch the first.
The second one was awesome and there some funny scenes in it, including Robert Downey Jr. wearing makeup and pretending to be a lady. Laughed my head off during that part of the movie.



This is what I've been watching for the past few days: BBC's Sherlock Holmes television programme. With Benedict Cumberbatch as Sherlock Holmes and Martin Freeman as Dr. John Watson, this television programme is one of my favorites. Unfortunately, there aren't many episodes to it. 3 for the first series and another 3 for the second.
This is a Sherlock Holmes with iPhones, time bombs and stuff. It is quite modernised and I just love the English accent. Yes, he's an arrogant and annoying guy but it is quite fun to watch. He also makes brilliant deductions. Watson, in this case, blogs about Holmes' adventures and his blog gained quite a lot of viewers. To be frank, I really like this TV programme. Hope that there'll be more to it.

Any Sherlock fans out there? x)


You Might Also Like

0 comments

around the world

Flag Counter

Total Pageviews